Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Draper Temple Open House


Schaara, Amy, Gavin, and I were able to go through the Draper, Ut open house on its opening day! It was amazing! All, in all, the Temple is much smaller than I had expected, but still amazingly beautiful inside. I have never done a walk through before a Temple has been dedicated, and I feel very blessed to be able to do this now.
I was very surprised however, at what I felt. I will never doubt the sacredness I feel in a dedicated Temple, for even though Draper was beautiful...and I felt like this was a special place, the feeling was so different. As I walked through from room to room, I was more amazed at the difference spiritually. I remember feeling sad. I have been struggling so lately, and was excited to see the new Temple, but also to feel its peace...and it wasn't the same. It was beautiful, but not yet what I was longing for. I feel so blessed to be able to go into the Lords house and to feel of his Spirit and to feel peace...if only for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment