Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fun at the 5K

We have been looking forward to this day for some time. Amy came up with the idea to run a 5k, and it took root. I have never been all that fond of running, but I have always wanted to do a 5K and 10K just so that I could cross that off of my list of things I would like to accomplish...mostly because it would be a challenge for a non-runner like me! We all started training mostly on our own since our schedules are so different...I was so proud of myself to finally run close to 3 miles every other day, and then the week before the race, I got hurt and couldn't run. Schaara was wonderful enough to run in my place even though she had planned on being the one taking the pictures of us crossing the line. Thanks Schaara!!!
Schaara coming to the finished line! Amy, Bre and little Adalade close to the finish line!

Hanging out before the race. It was the perfect temperature!!! Slightly chilly with a little drizzle....nice!


The gang!




No comments:

Post a Comment