Monday, February 2, 2009

Worse things than....

I have discovered in the past few months some key things about myself. I know I have silly little fears, so this is entitled, Worse Things Than..

I have always shyed away from opening public doors if I could possibly help it. Too many shows on Dateline about the overwhelming amount of germs and such have always had my imagination running ramped! Same with bathroom doors, or heaven forbid, the locks on bathroom stales! There are worse things than contracting whatever nasty smear of grossness from the handle of a grocery cart. There are worse things than being left in the dark without a way to the light switch. I have lost my fear of the dark resently....again...there are worse things in life. There are worse things than acne, than bad hair days, than too many dishes or dirty houses. Worse things than driving fast and taking chances....worse than four wheeling up a perfectly good mountain like I am impervious to bodily harm!

Like having pain in your life so fast and so hard, you wish whatever was in the dark you feared so much, would actually come and make it all stop....like watching your dreams fade away....seeing the person who you love more than life use his free agency in ways that he will regret for eternity...and being helpless...

Here's to walking through a dark house without fear...opening doors knowing whatever nasty thing lurking there will not kill me....here's to even wiping up baby snot and drool....There are worse things in life....Germs are not the things that will tear your world apart....sin is.

1 comment:

  1. Hey April, sounds like things could be going better for you. I just want you to know that Russ and I are praying for you and keeping you in our thoughts. I can't even imagine the pain you must be going through right now. You are such a sweet person, it breaks my heart that you have to go through such a horrible experience. Lets keep in touch. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete