Monday, March 9, 2009

Silly Moments!

Sometimes I really do wonder where my brain has gone! I am so glad I have wonderful people around me to help save me from myself!!

Like the time I pulled into the garage, not thinking clearly, opened up my car door to get out and realized when the car lurched forward, that I had not only NOT put the car in park, but had not turned if off either!!! Thank goodness I didn't pull up closer to the back of the garage that time, or I would have gone through it!!!

Or last week...the Ice Cream and Toilet incident! I have a small part in a new team at work that is in the process of changing and creating new designs for the Carinessa style. Our Manager went out and bought everyone yummy shakes at a local ice cream place for "Thank You's" for the meeting. They were huge! I got about half of it down in the meeting, and then went back to work. Later my boss came by and said that he dumped the rest of his in the toilet, he couldn't finish it all...mmmmm....good idea! I didn't want to put the rest in the trash and come back Monday to soured milk...so I moosied my way over to the bathroom, and thinking that my "shake" had melted to milk...I tipped it over the toilet and realized (too late!) that there was still mounds of ice cream at the bottom of the cup! Before I could think, the ice cream/milk mixture dived into the toilet and exploded up in waves of strawberry and peanut butter torrents!!! It went EVERYWHERE!!!! Oozing down the sides of the stale, slopping over the toilet seat in chunky brown peanut clumps, seeping through the cracks in the tile...everywhere!!! No Mom...I didn't leave it there, as much as I wanted to!! Since it now looked and felt like the consistency of throw-up!!! I cleaned it up as best as I could and nonchalantly walked myself out of there!!!

And Saturday....Gentry (another roommate) bought some baby oil gel and swore it was a beauty secret. Said that you put it on your legs instead of lotion and it would keep your legs soft and silky all day....so...I decided that sounding like it deserved a try. I squirted out enough to "lotion" up my legs and was amazed at how soft it did seem...finished my hair and makeup, and then went to get dressed...I touched my legs and was HORRIFIED at the slimy, greasy feeling that met my fingertips!!! This stuff was like...well...OIL! I couldn't get it off!!! They should have had a warning!!! Customer needs only pinky-tip amount for whole body usage!!! I tried to get it off with paper towels, and moved to a hand towel with no change in greasy icky texture!!! I finally had to get ready for the Temple and could feel it oozing out of my nylons, and greasing the very air and sucking all the dirt particles to my "oh so soft" legs!! Even after showering the following day, it was like water repellent!!!


I know...silly stuff to write about...but I needed something a little more upbeat! Hope you enjoyed the moments of blond!

3 comments:

  1. ROFL !!!!!!!!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious. I do stupid stuff like that all the time and I am not even blonde!! My only excuse is that having kids kills brain cells!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I found your blog! And your funny stories. :) Hope all is well at home.

    ReplyDelete